Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gym Update! I get to be a director!!

So I have a giant confession to make! Well I guess not really, if you know me well, you will know that it is so close to absolutely impossible for me to sit still. Thus working behind a desk would probably send me to a mental institution. Guess what I'm doing!!! Working behind a desk. A rather big one, with a nice computer and mostly friendly people. The office manager at my gym just had a baby! His name is Caleb and even though I haven't had the chance to hold the little guy yet, I assume that he is beautiful. Since she is on maternity leave I have the opportunity to take the afternoon shifts at the front desk. 

This is the second week so far and to be honest, I think I am getting the hang of it. I may even like it a little bit. I very much enjoy interacting with people, staying busy, and helping out. However last week I was not as happy as I am now. It's got to be the computer. Last week I came home each night with the most giant head ache I could imagine! I remembered that during my very first computer class ever ( 7th grade) I started to have headaches, so I went to the eye doc. and got myself some sweet glasses. I wish I could just whisk out a magic wand and say some magic rhymes and my head would stop hurting. But I guess magic isn't real...

So there I was plowing through attendance papers when she asked me to be the Junior Gym Director! Oh man was I excited! I will get to work even more with the little munchkins that I love to death! So I have now accepted the position and I start on Friday! Granted I'm sure I will need lots of help and support but she has faith that I can do it! Working hard, staying positive and motivated are the only ways to success. Might I add that praying like crazy keeps the motivation going and my chin way up. 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! That's such a fantastic opportunity for you! And, I happen to know for a fact that you are AMAZING with those little gymnasts!

    ReplyDelete