Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sanctuaries of Happiness

I still feel it! All light, airy, and loved!

I was asked tonight what the highlights of my year have been. My response was negative and then I turned the question around to him. After 15 minutes I had come up with one thing. Moving to Utah* 

The earlier negative statement I had made was somewhere along the lines of this " This year has been really hard, kind of a downer. Im not sure I have many highlights." Right now I am taking that back because even though the low times have been the absolute lowest I have so far experienced, the high points were mountains, higher than all of the real mountains piled together. 

1) My birthday party in 2012 was one of the first times I realized that there are genuine people and families that really really love me outside of my own.

2) My coaching position at K&G gymnastics was a lifeline that I was able to cling to. The children I taught there brought joy and peace to my heart.

3) The people I have had the honor of meeting have molded and changed the path of my life. Specifically the two that let me in to their lives, together we made sanctuaries of happiness. And the other 18 who blessed me with protection.

In the years that follow tonight, I do not ask for hardship to be taken. I ask only for an increased ability to fight it.

I am amazed as I search my mind, reading memories from that year that will never be forgotten. So much has changed. It has been a year of refinement, and goodness. My resolution; To Stand a Little Taller.



No comments:

Post a Comment