Monday, December 31, 2012

That Feeling of being Light

I have now been moved out of dear old Minnesota for 5 weeks. When I first arrived I was sure that this place was going to do amazing things to my life. Shortly after thinking that, I wished I hadn't. ( Thats a whole other story.) Since that moment of thought regretting I have constantly been on the edge of something. Im not sure it's got a name so Im going to give it one; forced happiness. Now sometimes this "forced happiness" is not as bad as one would think, occasionally it has turned into real moments of happiness, however short. Other times though I would find myself laughing because that's what everyone else was doing or smiling at the right times but not feeling fully committed to it. That has all changed in the blink of an eye. Possibly two blinks, actually that's a lie-two full days of blinking and all that negative stuff is gone. Just gone! 

This is what Saturday included: Hello Panda, an Asian party with egg rolls, Red hair, the Temple, a Sister missionary from Madagascar, hot chocolate, and an awesome friend!

This is what Sunday had in store for me!: Church that felt as though it was scripted just for me, another hour of church sitting with the coolest kids, home cooked amazingness in my mouth, new music, kent, game night, and a new friend that I think is already one of my best.

The forced happiness feeling I now recognize as weight. That staggering, debilitating weight has disappeared, and I am light.

No comments:

Post a Comment