Monday, December 10, 2012

Agency CAN'T be taken.

"I can't control what I say or do when I am that mad."- I refuse to believe that statement.

Anger, fear, resentment, pain, sadness, offense does not and cannot force us to DO anything.Our agency is a  masterful gift from a creator who knows in his infinite wisdom that humanity must choose for themselves what their thoughts and actions will be, otherwise the plan is flawed. So how do some rationalize that the instant they become upset that their gift of choice is taken from them? Why is it that responsibility for one's decisions disappears when the consequences don't look pleasing?

Choice is what will remain when everything else is simply gone.

My days are bursting with countless choices that I must make. I say must because even by not wanting to act  that feeling then becomes a conscious decision. Some of the things I will choose today are - To fight for my happiness. To be grateful. To smile. To love myself. I choose to control myself.

One of the most perplexing and scariest facts of life to me is that I actually can't control anyone else besides myself! Most often others do not want to be controlled, even children who depend on adults for necessities fight against being told what or how to do things. Adults then have that much more capacity to keep their agency safe even when the choices they are making lead to suffering.  

So what is the solution? Is there one?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment