Friday, November 9, 2012

Am I in the Middle?

Prayer is an instant message that is directly sent to the only Being in existence capable of calming my worries and fears before I even utter the words that so desperately need to escape my heart. It is a reliance that I cling to daily. On the days when I have been close to tears I have not even needed to verbalize my thoughts, they were taken and I was at peace once more. This on going intimate conversation always leaves me awe struck. Each time I kneel down to pour out my entire being I am assured that I am known and loved so dearly and that my achings hold my eternal happiness, it will all be made up to me.

I often tell myself that I am in the middle of the greatest struggle mortality has ever faced. However when I really get to thinking about it logically, I am so far past the middle! I am at the very end! The place where I now give all of myself to conquering the bad. I can do it! I wish even with all this encouragement that it was that simple. That I could just draw my sword and claw through the vines to slay the evil dragon. but it isn't. The "bad" is not the only thing that stands between the end's victory and me. Pain, heartache, suffering,and fear are what are also there. Unlike bad things the pain is much more difficult to get a good grasp on because often times it is hidden very strategically. Physically it may feel completely dissipated but then the spirit will give a not so gentle reminder that although it may be healing the wound is still very real. 

At this moment in time I make a proclamation- Happiness is my choice.It is not dependent on my circumstances or the tragedies that may come and go. I am happy.                                                                            

Four months and one day have passed and what have I learned? I have learned to restructure my life to focus more upon others than myself. I have learned to choose happiness. I have learned that the atonement has no limits. I have learned how to be happy. 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! You are an excellent writer and have such great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anita! One of my favorite things to do is write, each time I do I give myself piece of mind. And this way I can go back and read them to myself for encouragement on the days when I need it most!

    ReplyDelete