Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What Matters the Most

Diligently doing the things that matter most will lead you to the Savior of the world. - Pres. Uchtdorf 



There are 24 hours in a day, what do you spend them doing? Working, eating, cleaning, talking, driving, thinking? About what? Do you ever work hard for someone else? Could you make a special meal for someone that you love? Have you ever helped a sibling clean their room? Is there somebody you see everyday that you could talk to tomorrow? And how about giving a ride to someone who maybe doesn't have a vehicle?


Others. Service. Thats what matters most. 



The way I see it, the more you think about yourself the more lonely and potentially miserable you become.


In times of hardship, or when problems arise try turning your focus toward helping someone else and maybe you will be inclined to find the solution to your circumstance too.  


We get so caught up in everyday life that we begin to forget about the small maybe minuscule things in our lives that bring us joy. When I was a kid I would rather spend every waking minute outdoors than do anything inside. Now I only go outside when there is a planned activity or something to do that is of consequence. Why? Because my attention has been turned else where, and I have not realized that I am missing out on the beautiful sunshine.



Right now what matters most in your life? It's different for each individual. For me it is that I give love and support to my awesome younger sister who has broken her own school record in the pole vault 3 times already this season! It's making sure that I stay grateful for every single thing I have, and not covet others possessions. Getting in shape to run a 5k with my older brother. Writing my experiences in a journal. Never missing out on a opportunity for charity. Sending letters each week to my friends and sister who are serving missions around the world. Ultimately it is gaining a stronger knowledge daily that the only source of true happiness comes from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

.

He knew what mattered most. He did not spend His days being idle, instead He sacrificed literally everything He had to serve others.


Nike. Just Do It. 


No comments:

Post a Comment