Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The JOY Life has to Offer

As my friend and I exited the church building last night we caught a glimpse of the beautifully glowing sky. My wish right then was to simply lay down and watch the stars all night long. But because it's the beginning of our MN winter, we decided not to. I did however start to wonder how big the sky was, how much of it I could see with my imperfect eyes, and how much was left to my imagination. I was brought to the realization of two simple yet beautiful truths. First I do not have to freeze outside watching the heavens to see beauty. Beauty is all around me.


 Everything in some form or another can be called beautiful. Why? or How? Because it comes from the only source of magnificence, which leads me to number two, God will continue to amaze me.


 I know this because as I contemplated the stars, sky, and earth I remembered that He is even bigger than all of that combined, I know that he is the biggest and most wonderful thing that I don't have to leave to my imagination! And at that moment of understanding I was in a state of joy and a state of pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment